ThreatBlockr Build 103 - September 21, 2022
Single Sign On (SSO) with Google
If your company subscribes to Google Workspace and your company’s domain is registered to Google Workspace, you can now login into ThreatBlockr via SSO with Google. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Select the “Sign On with Google” button on the login screen:
- A Google-supplied sign-in form will display. Enter your Google Workspace credentials:
- Select the Next button
- Enter your Google Workspace password
- Select the Next button
- If your organization has 2-step verification configured with Google Workspace, additional screens may display. Complete any additional steps prompted by Google.
- Select your ThreatBlockr account on the next screen:
- Enter your ThreatBlockr credentials to finish linking the accounts. This is a one-time linking operation.
- Select the Sign On button to login to the application:
New User Creation with SSO
In addition to the standard SSO login detailed above, Company Master and MSP Master accounts can now configure their company to allow for new user creation via SSO. Properly configuring this setting allows new users to be created via SSO on the login screen when matched to one or more allowed domains.
Note that most customers will likely not want to enable this feature, since anyone with a valid domain credential would be able to login to the system, which is often undesirable for access to security controls such as ThreatBlockr. However, it may be useful for some security organizations and possibly some MSPs to allow their employees to have the ability to create accounts quickly without having to bother a Company Master or MSP Master to do so.
To allow new users to be created via SSO:
- A Company Master or MSP Master account user should navigate to the Company Profile
- Toggle On the “Allow SSO to Create New Users” setting
- Select the User Role the new user will be created as
- Read Only is strongly recommended
- Enter the applicable email domain(s). Anyone with a valid login to the specified domain as registered with the SSO provider (in this case, the associated Google Workspace domain) will be able to create an account on the system.
- Select the “+” button
- Select Save
Once this setting is properly configured, the Company Master can direct their new users to:
- Navigate to the login screen
- Select “Sign On with Google”
- Follow the prompts outlined above
In no way does this feature preclude the existing mechanism for creating and managing users in the system. Company and MSP master accounts can still manage users via the Users link in the left-hand navigation menu.