updated 28 March 2023
Configuration and operational problems may require the use of the Command Line Interface (CLI) console. To use this console, you have to access the console interface ports on the appliance. You can either connect a monitor and keyboard or communicate using an RS-232-C serial connection. To use a monitor and keyboard:
- Connect a standard monitor to any VGA monitor port.
- Connect a keyboard to any USB or PS/2 keyboard port.
If supported by the appliance, you can also connect to the RS-232-C serial port using a text terminal or terminal emulation program. The port settings are:
- Baud: 38400
- Data Bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop Bits: 1
Command Line Interface (CLI) Console
The CLI Console is a low-level control program that can be used to configure settings, including the Network and User configurations. It can be accessed while the system is in a normal operational state.
If the original version of the Enforce software installed was Build 229 or later, your default credentials to access the CLI console are:
- Username: ubuntu
- Password: enforce
If the original version of the Enforce software installed was Build 219 or earlier, your default credentials to access the CLI console are:
- Username: ubuntu
- Password: threatblockr
Remember that your password can be changed in the Enforce software UI by navigating to System > Users in the left menu and changing the password at using he feature underneath the list of users.
After successful login, you will be directed to a shell prompt. Enter the command "/sbin/admin_shell" at the prompt to access the CLI menu, which has the following items:
- Network Menu: refer to the Network Menu section below
- User Menu: refer to the User Menu section below
- Execute Self-test: places the device into bypass mode and out of bypass mode to test the hardware functions of the device
- Shell: opens a shell to allow the user to access the file structure and processes of the device
- Reboot: This will reboot the appliance hosting Enforce
- Shutdown: This will power off the appliance hosting Enforce
- License Info: For use by Threater internally
- Exit: This will log the user out of the CLI menu
The Network Configuration section of the CLI is used to view or configure the network properties for the Administration Interface.
The Administrator is able to configure the IP address, network mask, default gateway, and DNS server for the Administration Interface. The Administration Interface is configured to use Static IP addressing or DHCP.
This menu allows you to view user accounts, reset user passwords, or unlock users.
If you require further assistance, please reach out to our customer support team.